Neuromuscular re-education's main purpose is to manipulate the soft tissues of the body to align the musculoskeletal system with the body's central nervous system. Because the central nervous system initiates and maintains pain, neuromuscular re-education is all about relieving and dysfunction by alleviating the underlying cause. If a patient experiences distortion or biomechanical dysfunction-often a symptom of a deeper problem-neuromuscular therapy can provide relief.
This technique is also used to:
- Rebuild the strength of injured tissues
- Restore postural alignment, biomechanics, and tissue flexibility
- Improve venous and lymphatic flow
- Eliminate trigger points that cause points
- Locate & release spasms and hyper-contraction in the tissue