Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression
Healthy Life Chiropractic is proud to offer non-surgical spinal decompression to its patients. Spinal decompression is not a new concept. Rather, spinal decompression takes manual or mechanical traction a step forward by using computer technology to control treatment duration, distraction/angle, intensity, and relaxation.
The value of this treatment varies among patients. In general, benefits include:
- Forces to the spine are better and more effectively controlled
- Pressure within an inter-vertebral disc can be reduced and helps to decompress discs and alleviate nerve pain (i.e. sciatica)
- Helps to restore disc function
How it works:
Spinal decompression works by gently stretching the spine. This changes the force and position of the spine. This will take pressure off the spinal discs, which are gel-like cushions between the bones in your spine. During a pull, a suction or vacuum effect draws in oxygen and nutrients into the discs necessary to stimulate healing.
Uses & Results:
Decompression is used to help with:
- Back or neck pain or sciatica, which is pain, weakness, or tingling that extends down the leg
- Bulging or herniated disks or degenerative disk disease
- Worn spinal joints (called posterior facet syndrome)
- Injured or diseased spinal nerve roots (called radiculopathy)
Proponents of this treatment say that over time, negative pressure from this therapy may cause bulging or herniated disks to retract. That can take pressure off the nerves and other structures in your spine. This in turn, helps promote movement of water, oxygen, and nutrient-rich fluids into the disks so they can heal.